Jadon Sancho, the 23-year-old footballer, is now training away from Manchester United’s main team.
This happened after the English player refused to apologize to manager Erik ten Hag after a social media outburst following a game against Arsenal.
Sancho later responded on Twitter, saying: “Please don’t believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that is completely untrue, I have conducted myself in training very well this week.
“I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won’t go into, I’ve been a scapegoat for a long time which isn’t fair!
“All I want to do is play football with a smile on my face and contribute to my team. I respect all decisions that are made by the coaching staff, I play with fantastic players and grateful to do so which I know every week is a challenge. I will continue to fight for this badge no matter what!”
Ten Hag had earlier said Sancho wasn’t in the matchday squad because of his performance at training.
“Jadon was on his performance in training we didn’t select him,” he said. “You have to reach the level every day at Manchester United, you can make choices in the front line, so in this game he wasn’t selected,” manager Ten Hag said.
He required an apology from Sancho, but he refused to comply. However, Manchester United took action.
Now, Sancho trains separately at United’s academy, and he won’t play in the next game against Brighton & Hove Albion. The club refused to comment.
A club statement on Thursday read: “Jadon Sancho will remain on a personal training programme away from the first-team group, pending resolution of a squad discipline issue.”